Connect an Existing Database
This article will guide you through the steps you need to perform to allow the user running the Configuration Wizard to configure the existing database and the service account.
This article covers the following scenario: The database does not exist or User running the Configuration Wizard does not have the correct privileges to connect to it.
Error message which occurs in the Configuration Wizard: The database you have entered does not exist or DOMAIN\username running the Configuration Wizard does not have the correct priviledges to connect to it.
If the database does exist, you need to assign
db_ownerrole on the database to the user running the Configuration Wizard. To do so, please perform the following steps:
- 1.Connect to the SQL server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- 2.Expand Databases folder and then expand the database which you are trying to configure.
- 3.Expand the Security folder and then the Users folder.
- 4.If the user running the Configuration Wizard is not on the list, right-click the Users folder, click New user and add a new user.
- 5.Right-click on the user running the Configuration Wizard and select Properties.
- 6.Select Membership page, give user
db_ownerrole and click OK.
- 7.Return to the Configuration Wizard and continue with the SysKit Monitor configuration.