Create a SQL Server Login
This article will guide you through the steps you need to perform to allow the user running the Configuration Wizard to login and create the database.
This article covers the following scenario: User running the Configuration Wizard is not allowed to login on the specified SQL server.
Error message which occurs in the Configuration Wizard: Login failed for user DOMAIN\username.
User running the Configuration Wizard is not allowed to login on the specified SQL server.
To allow this user to login and create the database please perform the following steps:
- 1.Connect to the SQL Server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- 2.Right-click on the Security folder, point to New and select Login.
- 3.In the new dialog box, select Windows authentication and in Login name field type the user’s username in DOMAIN\username format.
- 4.Select Server Roles page on the left side and make sure the user has
- 5.Click OK and return to the Configuration Wizard – Database Configuration step.
- 6.Click Test Connection button. The connection will now be successful. Please continue with the SysKit Monitor configuration.