Find out more about available custom reports in SysKit Monitor.
The Custom Reports section offers many reports with customized fields and conditions. You can choose different field orders and sorting options, specify various conditions regarding custom fields, specify summaries, and much more.
Predefined Custom reports are available:
- Installed Updates – shows whether updates were installed on a selected server.
- SysKit Permissions – shows which users have access to the SysKit application and what kind of permissions they were granted.
- Idle Activities Today – shows which users were idle and for how long over one day.
- Windows Services – shows all services that are running on your local and remote computers. This is a real-time report.
- Export – enables saving custom reports in the PDF, Excel, HTML or CSV file format.
- Create – start a Custom Reports Wizard that guides user through the process of creating a new custom report.
- Edit – edit a custom report.
- Edit Conditions – leads directly to the conditions step of the wizard where you can edit previously defined filters.
- Save Layout Changes – enable a user to save all layout changes without going through the wizard again.
- Delete – delete a selected report.
- Export Definition – export custom report settings previously defined through the custom report wizard.
- Import Definition – import a previously created custom report.
- Manage Categories – create and edit folders for custom made reports.
- Create Alert – create email alerts that inform a user about new entries in the custom report.
- Remove Alert – delete a previously configured alert.
- Schedule This Report – set the scheduling of daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly subscription to the selected report. For example, if you select daily delivery period, selected reports will be sent every day to the configured email address.
- Configure Settings – set default outgoing server options.
- Date Range – change the short term date range for the created report.
- Options – configure options for the Report and Dashboard data, Alerts, Export and System Jobs.
This dialog enables you to download and import the predefined Custom Reports from SysKit’s repository. There, you can find around twenty custom reports created for various purposes and categorized by the data type they display. It is very important to read the report description on the right side.
If you select a report from the list, the following report information will be displayed:
- Name – the name of the report.
- Description – the description of the report. It is very important to read the description, as it may clarify the purpose of the report.
- Version – reports can be changed and updated with more advanced functionality by our product team.
- Author – the name of the author.
- Date Published – the date when the report was published.
Depending on which tab is selected, the available options change their purpose:
- Search box – Use this option to search through the available reports. The report description will also be included if it matches the entered criteria.
- Online tab – Displays reports that are ready for installation.
- Installed tab – Displays a list of reports that are already installed. If you want to remove installed reports, just select them and click the Remove button. Afterwards, the report(s) will be deleted.
- Updates tab – Displays a list of reports that have been updated by our product team. If you want to update installed reports, just select them and click the Update button. Afterward, the report(s) will be replaced with new ones, but all the previously defined user settings will not be kept for both normal and SQL types.
When downloading available custom reports, simply select the reports and click the Install button. After the custom reports have been downloaded, the success dialog will appear, informing you that the reports have been installed. The reports will also appear in the left navigation within their corresponding folder structure.