Create Farm Documentation
This article describes how to produce SharePoint farm documentation using SPDocKit Consultant.
This section describes how you can generate SharePoint farm documentation using SPDocKit Consultant.
- 1.Navigate to the Backstage Actions Screen and click the View Snapshots button to view all of your snapshots. Double click the snapshot to open it and navigate to the Farm Explorer. If you navigate to the Farm Explorer without opening a snapshot the newest snapshot will be opened automatically.
- 2.Click Generate from the left-side navigation pane and select the format in which you wish to create your farm documentation. The available formats are .doc, .pdf and .xlsx.
- 3.The farm settings you want to export can be selected from the drop-down options.The selection you make can be saved and used as a template for generating documentation in the future. SPDocKit Consultant comes with predefined documentation templates, with commonly used options already pre-selected.The documentation templates available by default are: All, Regular Documentation or Simple Documentation. Use the Up and Down arrows to rearrange the order of your documentation.
- 4.The Document Outline tab displays how the table of contents of your document will look.
- 6.Click the Generate button, wait a few moments and your SharePoint farm documentation will be generated!