This article describes the available SPDocKit Backstage actions and when to use them.
The Backstage Actions view is a set of commands that can be used to quickly approach major SPDocKit options.
The following options are available:
- Take Snapshot button loads SharePoint farm data if an on-premises farm is detected. This option is only available on SharePoint servers.
- View Snapshots button will take you to all your saved snapshots, and you can select any of them to open and view data.
- Compare Wizard button starts the compare wizard that allows you to compare farms, Web applications, site collections, web config files, and permissions.
- Options button gives you access to configuration options for adjusting SPDocKit to your needs.
- Permissions Explorer leads you directly to SharePoint permissions, both live and historical records, collected by SPDocKit.
- Permissions Wizards button gives you quick access to all permissions management options available.
- Permissions Reports button will show you a set of permissions reports.
- Analytics & Usage button will take you to the Analytics & Usage Reports. The Site Collection Analytics report is preselected, where you can see popularity trends and hits history for each site collection.
- Audit Logs button will take you to the Audit Log Details report, where we'll show you a complete audit log on the selected site collections in a given time period.
- Use the Queries and Rules button to open and create desired procedures or reports to enforce your SharePoint Governance policies.Note that this option is not available on a workstation.