This article describes new features, improvements and bug fixes delivered in SPDocKit 11.
SPDocKit 11 is a major release that comes with new reports, a useful wizard, and many improvements. Scroll down to see what's new!
Product version: 11.0.0 Build number: 11792 Release date: Oct 07, 2020
- New Workflow Reports are available! Three new reports – Workflows on Farm, Workflow Templates, and Workflow Associations – enable you to:
- detect all workflows and workflow templates in your SharePoint farm, be it SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2013 Project Server workflows, or third party vendor workflows, such as Nintex workflows,
- view the count of associations and active instances, and other information related to workflows,
- discover when a workflow was last active.You can find the new reports in the Analytics & Usage Reports category.
- Two new Storage reports are available!
- The List and Libraries report shows you a complete overview of Lists and Document Libraries in the selected SharePoint subsite; for each of them, you can find the number of items, size, and time when it was last updated, among others.
- The Files report provides you with information about each document in a subsite, such as size, versioning, and time when it was last updated.To obtain the reports, install the Storage Reports extension and find them in the Storage Metrics & Growth category inside the Analytics & Usage Reports section.
- The new Remove Permissions Wizard is available! With the help of the wizard, you can:
- remove permissions for one or multiple users
- remove permissions for selected users on one or multiple sites, or even the entire SharePoint farm
- SPDocKit now supports contextual auditing down to the file level! Now you can easily find audit logs even for a single document in your environment by altering the SharePoint Object filter selection, which is now enabled for all content levels. With this addition, the Audit drill available on the Permissions Explorer will open the Audit Log Details report with the SharePoint Objects filter automatically set.
- SPDocKit now supports PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016! You can find all PowerPivot service settings inside the Farm Explorer’s PowerPivot Services report category.
- New actions added to the Subscriptions and Alerts screen! Use the Disable action to temporarily stop the automatic sending of selected subscriptions and alerts without the need to delete them. To activate and start sending subscriptions and alerts again, select them, and use the Enable action.
- The Groups Without Permissions cleanup report was renamed Unused SharePoint Groups to explain its content better. Two additional columns – Primary Administrator and Secondary Administrator – were also added to the report.
- Improved how snapshots are saved to the database. Before, when running a manual snapshot in larger environments, the following exception would be thrown:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.Text.StringBuilder.ToString().
- Build numbers are now updated automatically each time you open SPDocKit. Before, the update would need to be done manually and often caused false positives on the Is SharePoint up to Date Best Practices report.
- Group Memberships filter on the Permissions Matrix report was improved.A new option was added – Hierarchical Structure (exclude deselected groups). When selected, the report shows a hierarchical structure without deselected groups, as the name suggests. Such groups are not displayed even if they contain users selected to be shown in the report.
- Site Collection Visitors report was improved to handle many site visitors better. In case the selected site collection had thousands of visitors, the report would result in a system error and wouldn’t show expected results.
- Fixed an issue with custom queries created on the site collection scope. When run, the query resulted in the following error:
System.ArgumentNullException: 'dataType' argument cannot be null.Parameter name: datatype.
- Fixed an issue where newly added SharePoint farm servers would not be included in Snapshots. New servers are now automatically added to the server list and included in all Snapshots.
- Fixed a bug where SPDocKit activation would fail with the following error:
System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
- Fixed a bug where Farm documentation and Best Practices documentation export would not show the Click here for details links if the Add extra spacing after each heading option was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that would appear when upgrading SPDocKit on SharePoint 2010 Foundation environments. The Configuration Wizard would result in the following error:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Policy, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
- Improved error messages, descriptions, and UX on various screens and wizards.