Best Practices Screen
This article describes how to use SPDocKit best practices screen to check if SharePoint farm has been configured according to the configuration best practices.
The Best Practice section contains built-in reports that help SharePoint administrators check if their SharePoint farm has been configured according to the official best practices and if the current state of the SharePoint farm conforms with published software boundaries and limits. It also allows administrators to create their own best practice reports.
The following options are available:
- Using built-in best practice reports to verify SharePoint farm settings.
- Importing and Exporting custom made reports.
- Editing and Deleting custom made reports.
- Organizing custom made reports by adding new folders.
- Produce a Best Practices Documentation file containing all best practice reports and dashboard.
- Creating new alerts for the configuration settings you wish to track. If you choose to create an alert for a specific best practice report, you will receive this report each time SPDocKit detects either an error or a warning.
In version 7.2 we streamlined the selection of farms and snapshots by including those filters on the Farm Explorer and Best Practices tabs and persisting the selection across all tabs. This should remove the need to switch back and forth between the snapshots list and the other tabs in order to change the viewed snapshot data. We hope this results in a much more enjoyable experience for you.