The Backstage Actions view is a set of commands that can be used to quickly approach major SPDocKit options.
The following options are available:
- Take Snapshot button loads SharePoint farm data if an on-premises farm is detected, otherwise connects to and loads data from a connected on-premises farm or an Office 365 tenant.
- View Snapshots button will take you to all your saved snapshots, and you can select any of them to open and view data.
- Compare Wizard button starts the compare wizard that allows you to compare farms, Web applications, site collections, web config files and permissions.
- Options button gives you access to configuration options for adjusting SPDocKit to your needs.
- Permissions Explorer leads you directly to SharePoint permissions, both live and historical records, collected by SPDocKit.
- SharePoint Online button leads you to your SharePoint Online sites that are currently available on the Live Permissions Explorer.
- Permission Wizards button gives you quick access to all permissions management options available.
- Use the Queries and Rules button to open and create desired procedures or reports to enforce your SharePoint Governance policies.
The Insights buttons interact directly with the SPDocKit Insights application.
- The Insights Home button opens the Insights application.
- Event Viewer opens up SPDocKit Insights to show the collected events.
- Performance shows data on the various performance counters that have been collected by SPDocKit Insights.