Comment on page
Move database to new server
This article explains how to move the Syskit Monitor database to a new server.
Please follow these steps to move a SQL Server database to another location:
- 1.Stop the Syskit Monitor Service on a computer where the Syskit Monitor is installed.
- 2.Close the Syskit Monitor application.
- 3.Connect to the SQL server and open the SQL Management Studio.
- 4.Locate the Syskit Monitor database and back it up to a bak file.
- 5.Once the backup is finished, locate the bak and copy the file to the new SQL server.
- 6.Restore the DB using SQL Management Studio.
- 7.If the restore is successful, go to the Syskit Monitor server.
- 8.Start the Syskit Monitor Configuration Wizard on the Syskit Monitor server.
- 9.Uncheck the Use the same settings and upgrade option.
- 10.Use the existing database and locate the new SQL server and the old database.
- 11.Type in the new SQL Server instance and the database name.
- 12.On the next screen, type in the service user that has same permissions as the old service user.
- 13.Click Finish.