This article outlines some of the common installation issues.
I’m trying to install SysKit Monitor on Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2, and the SysKit Monitor service does not start. The following error events appear in the Windows Application log:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the ServiceName service.
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the ServiceName service to connect.
The SysKit Monitor Service failed to start due to the following error:
‘The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.’
- 1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- 2.Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control
- 3.In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.Note: If a ServicesPipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ServicesPipeTimeout and then press ENTER.
- 4.Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout and then click Modify.
- 5.Click Decimal, type 360000, and then click OK.This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
- 6.Restart the computer.
Read more on this issue in the next paragraf of this article.
This is an issue on servers that don’t have access to the Internet. Windows Server will try to check the code signing certificate that was used to sign application executables. Allow access to the Internet for the server once and then start the service to solve the issue.
I’m trying to install the SQL Server trial in our Navision server. However, I got a warning message while installing.
Warning: Rule “Computer domain controller” generated a warning! Installing SQL Server on a domain is not recommended.
Should I proceed?
You have a few options here:
- 3.Microsoft does not recommend installing SQL Server on a domain controller. However, if you only have a single server in your organization, you can choose to install it on top of your domain controller. Before proceeding with this operation, you should check out the following article.
- 1.Try to return to the previous page using the Back button.
- 2.Click Next again.
- 3.The installation will be restarted, and the service will start.