Create a Service User Login Permission
This article will guide you through the steps you need to perform to allow the user running the Configuration Wizard to create a new database and configure the service account.
This article covers the following scenario: User running Configuration Wizard does not have permission to create a service user login on the SQL server – new database.
Error message which occurs in the Configuration Wizard: Domain\username running Configuration Wizard does not have permission to create a service user login on the SQL Server.
To allow the user running the Configuration Wizard to configure the database and the service account, please perform the following steps:
- 1.Connect to the SQL server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- 2.Expand the Security folder and then expand the Logins folder.
- 3.Right-click on the user running the Configuration Wizard and click Properties.
- 4.Select Server Roles page on the left side and make sure the user has
- 5.Click OK and return to the Configuration Wizard.
- 6.Click Retry.
- 7.Click Finish to complete the SysKit Monitor configuration.