Deploy SysKit Point Power BI App
This article shows how to deploy SysKit Point - Power BI Companion app.
Before you deploy SysKit Point Power BI app, prepare the following
- SysKit Point Azure SQL Server Name
- Power BI database user credentials
Please note! Installation, customization, and distribution of the SysKit Point Power BI Companion app require a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User license.
To deploy SysKit Point Power BI app:
After deployment, the following is available:
- SysKit Point Power BI Application - SysKit Point Reports with details for Microsoft 365 Governance and Security
- SysKit Point Workspace - location of SysKit Point Reports and SysKit Point Dataset
Please note! Deployed application is a template application and comes with example data. When first used, you will be required to connect to the SysKit Point database to import your tenant data.
To show data from your tenant, SysKit Point Power BI app needs to be connected to your tenant. To connect the app, do the following:
- Click the Connect your data link in the warning ribbon
- Enter SysKit Point database parameters:
- SysKit Point SQL Server
- SysKit Point Database - enter
- Click Next
Please note! Prepare SQL login credentials to enter in the next step. Read this article to learn how to create the SQL login and allow access to the Azure SQL server.
On the next screen, follow these steps:
- Enter User Name - enter
- Enter Password - enter password for the powerbireader database user
- Click Sign in and connect
Please note! Refresh can take up to 30 minutes.