Enable Lifecycle Management Automation
This article explains how to enable and configure the Lifecycle Management Automation in SysKit Point.
To use the advantages of Lifecycle Management Automation in SysKit Point, you need to:
- Set up e-mail settings
- Enable the SysKit Point Collaborators role
- Configure Lifecycle Management Automation in settings
To start with the configuration, open the Settings > Governance > Lifecycle Management screen.
The screen shows additional actions required before enabling the Lifecycle Management automation feature. For example, if you have not enabled the SysKit Point Collaborators role.
Lifecycle Management - Additional Action Required
Once all requirements are met, on the Lifecycle Management settings screen, you can:
- See the 2 main groups (accordions) named General and Automation
- Click the Automation accordion (1) to access Lifecycle Management Automation settings
Lifecycle Management - Accordions
To enable Lifecycle Management automation:
- Check the Enable Lifecycle Management Automation (1) option
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen
Lifecycle Management - Enable Automation
In the Automation Options section, you can:
- Select between 3 available actions for your workspace owners to take when an inactive workspace is detected:
- Keep (1)
- Archive (2)
- Delete (3)
- Define the number of days owners have to complete the assigned Lifecycle Management task (4)
- Choose whether to send automatic reminders to owners (5) in case they don't complete the assigned tasks
- Click Save (6) when finished with the configuration
Lifecycle Management - Automation Options
The Archive action has additional options available:
- Remove access for:
- Members (1); all members are removed when a workspace is archived
- Owners (2); all owners are removed when a workspace is archived; if the option is selected, at least 1 owner should still exist for all workspaces:
- Choose who will be set as an owner (3) on archived workspaces
- Use Prefix (4)
- Use Suffix (5)
- Check the Example (6) to preview workspace name after archival
Lifecycle Management - Archive Options
In the Customize E-mail section, you can adjust the look and feel of the e-mail sent out by SysKit Point when an inactive workspace is detected. Navigate to the Customize E-mails article, to find all available options regarding e-mail customization.
In the Target Selection section, you can define which workspaces to include in the Lifecycle Management.
By default, all workspace types - Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 Groups and sites (1)** - are selected. Additionally, you can:
- Modify the workspace types monitored by clicking the workspace filter (2); here, you have the following options:
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft 365 groups
- Preview selected sites based on your configuration by clicking the Preview tile (3); first, you need to save your changes to enable the Preview tile
Lifecycle Management - Monitored Workspace Types
When you click the Preview tile, the Lifecycle Management - Preview report opens, showing detailed information about workspaces that will be included in the lifecycle management automation. Here, you can:
- Click the tiles (1) to show only a certain site type; the tiles show the number of sites included in the Lifecycle Management automation, grouped by type
- Click the Show link (2) that activates the Orphaned Sites view (3)
- View all site owners that will receive a Lifecycle Management e-mail for each Microsoft Team, Microsoft 365 Group, or a site included in the Lifecycle Management automation
- Change admins by selecting a row (4) and clicking the Change Admins action (5) available in the side panel
Lifecycle Management - Preview Report
Instead of choosing workspace types that are monitored, you can select the specific workspaces (1) option. This option enables you to manually select specific Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 Groups, and sites monitored in the Lifecycle Management automation. You can also:
- Select the Auto-select new workspaces (2) option if you want to start monitoring newly created workspaces when SysKit Point detects them
- Edit selected workspaces (3)
- Preview selected workspaces (4)
Lifecycle Management - Specific Workspaces
When done with the selection, save your changes.
Now that everything is defined, the Lifecycle Management will start automatically.