Upgrade SysKit Point
This article explains how to upgrade SysKit Point to the latest version available.
Since SysKit Point is frequently getting new features, we highly recommend deploying the latest available version to use its maximum potential.
Please note! This article describes SysKit Point upgrades from version 20 onwards.
- If you are using SysKit Point 19, contact us to arrange a guided migration to the latest version due to changes in SysKit Point's architecture.
SysKit Point automatically checks for updates every day, outside of working hours. In case a new update is available, every SysKit Point user receives a popup message at the bottom of the Home screen when they open the web application.
Home screen - New Update Available
The Read What's New link (1) opens a new tab in your browser at the Releases section in SysKit Point documentation, where you can find out about new features, improvements, and bug fixes by each product version.
Clicking the Download Latest Version (2) link will redirect you to the latest Release Note page displaying the Deploy to Azure button.
To hide the Update message, click the Close link (3) visible on the right side. The message will stay hidden until the next time you log in to SysKit Point.
After you open the latest Release note, click the Deploy to Azure button (1).
Please note! When entering the App service name, make sure NOT to enter the app service name ending with '-BE'. Entering the backend app service name in the upgrade process results in an invalid upgrade and SysKit Point not working correctly.
The Custom deployment screen in Azure Portal opens. Here you need to:
- Select the Resource group (1) wherein the current SysKit Point version is deployed
- Select Region (2) - use the location of your currently deployed SysKit Point resources
- Enter App service Name (3) - enter the App Service resource Name; you can find the App Service name (5) by navigating to the Overview screen of SysKit Point resource group
- Click Next: Review + create > (4) - Review + create screen opens showing entered data; check that the entered data is correct and click Create
Azure Portal - Custom Deployment
Resource Group - App Service Name
After the deployment is completed, you can:
Hint! Use the What's new page as an additional source of information on new features available in the latest version of SysKit Point.