Licensed Users Count
This article explains how Syskit Point licensing depends on the Microsoft 365 licenses in your tenant.
The licensing of the Syskit Point subscription depends on the number of licensed users within the Microsoft 365 tenant connected to Syskit Point.
Licensed Users are all users and resources with any type of paid Microsoft 365 license attached to them.
- Licenses that are listed as free by Microsoft do not count toward calculating the costs of your Syskit Point subscription
- Resources include any meeting rooms, service accounts, and others with licenses.
- Only unique Licensed Users or Guest Users and resources will be counted, regardless of how many licenses the unique User has assigned to them.
- Guest Users only fit into that category if they have a paid license assigned.
- Having a license assigned to Guest Users is unnecessary for rudimentary use cases such as sharing content and using the Microsoft Teams app.
The number of licensed Users within Syskit Point can be found by going to Settings (1) > General (2) > Point License (3) > Number of Users M/N (4).
- You can also see a report with all your assigned paid licenses by clicking the View Point Licenses button (5).
Number of Licensed Users
- M is the number of licensed users in the tenant
- N is the number of Paid users that are included in the Syskit Point license
Clicking the View Point Licenses button opens the Point Licenses report screen with a list of all paid licenses that are assigned to users in Syskit Point.
On that screen, you will find the following information:
- Display Name (1) of the user
- Licenses (2) that are assigned to the user
- Username (3) shows the email of the user
- Department (4) that the user belongs to
You can also use the column chooser (5) to add additional columns to the report.
View Point Licenses - Report
The exact number and type of licenses that are assigned to users in Syskit Point can be found on the Licensed Users screen.
- Click Users (1) on the left side of the Home page
- Select Licensed Users (2) from the drop-down menu or tile
- Browse (3) by type of license assigned to users under the Licenses section
Browse Licensed Users by license
To access information on how many assigned licenses there are in your Microsoft 365, visit the admin center and take the following steps.
Under Billing (1), select Licenses (2). The list of owned licenses (3) will then be shown.
- The Available Licenses (4) section is the number of licenses that are still available to be assigned to users.
- The Assigned Licenses (5) section shows the number of assigned licenses compared to the available number.
How to Check the Microsoft 365 Licenses
Selecting each license allows you to Assign it to additional users or Unassign it from current ones. This can help with optimizing the cost of the Syskit Point subscription to suit your needs better.
To unassign users from a license, click on the license name to select it. The License details (1) screen will open.
- Once there, select either the individual Users to unassign or the top box to select all Users (2).
- This will provide the option to click on Unassign licenses (3); a pop-up will open requesting you click the Unassign button to confirm.
The pricing for Syskit Point is calculated based on each User that has a license assigned to them. For example, if one User has three licenses, the charge would still be for that one User, regardless of the number of licenses assigned to them.
Unassign Microsoft 365 Licenses
If you have Inactive Users, you can remove their license through Syskit Point through the following steps:
- Click the Reports button (1) on the left of the home screen; the Reports page will open with several available options
- Select Licenses from the drop-down menu (2) of the reports screen;
- Click the Inactive Licenses report (3); this will generate the report that will show you all of the licenses that are currently assigned to inactive Users or Guest Users
Inactive License Report
- Select the license of an inactive User (1); you can select one or multiple licenses.
- To select all inactive licenses at once, press the top checkbox on the left, next to the title 'License.'
- Press the Remove Licenses button (2); the button is located on the right side of the screen.
- Once selected, a pop-up appears.
- Type REMOVE and click the Remove button to proceed.
Please note that if the license is assigned automatically to the user once he is added as a member of a specific group, it cannot be manually removed. The license is removed automatically once the user is removed from being a member of the group. For more information on removing users from workspaces, take a look at this article.
The licenses that do not count toward calculating the price for your Syskit Point are the following: