Syskit Point 2023.1.0
This article lists new features, improvements, and bug fixes in Syskit Point version 2023.1.
Product version: 2023.1.0
Build number: 33
Release date: Feb 7, 2023
Please note! Global admin re-consent is required after the upgrade to the 2023.1 version. Global admins can expect to receive an email with the subject Syskit Point – Global Admin consent needed. Consent is required due to permission changes added for the new Access Requests feature. Learn more about permission changes here.
- Access Request feature is now available! Syskit Point admins can now:
- Apply the policies to Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 groups, distribution lists, mail-enabled security groups, security groups, and SharePoint sites. Use the Access Requests setup article to guide through the initial setup process. End-users can utilize the Syskit Point Teams app to:
- Discover All Workspaces in their environment and workspaces they have joined, listed under My Workspaces.
- Microsoft Teams & Groups Overview now shows additional group types: Security Groups, Exchange Groups, and Distribution Lists.
- Group Access reports will provide information on owners and members for Distribution Lists and Security Groups.
- Syskit Point now has the option to enable or disable provisioning.
- Optimized Power BI views in the Syskit Point database. Before, large sets of data would allocate all available space for temporary SQL objects, which would, in the end, cause issues when syncing the Power BI model.
- Improved responsiveness of the Syskit Point Teams app. The Teams app now better scales on smaller screens, avoiding the overflow of interface elements.
- Improved the date format in Syskit Point generated emails. Emails now show the long date format; for example, Monday, January 3, 2023.; thus avoiding the confusion of different day/month formats. Issues with emails showing the UTC were fixed.
- Improved the experience and usability of the Select Policy drop-down menu in the Manage Policies dialog by adding a tooltip showing the complete Policy name on hover.
- Fixed a bug where provisioning templates were unavailable to security group members, although the security group availability was specified in the provisioning template settings.
- Fixed an issue where policy violation emails (for example, Minimum number of owners and Maximum number of owners policy violation) displayed erroneous information regarding the task reassignment. The email would state the task was reassigned to managers instead of Syskit Point administrators or custom recipients, depending on the policy setup. Additionally, fixed an issue where emails were sent for inactive policies in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where the Users with privileged access report would erroneously show users with Full Control permissions on child objects (for example, documents on a site). Only users with Full Control access to the site objects are displayed in the report now.
- Fixed an issue with the Manage Reviewers report where the report didn't show SharePoint sites and OneDrive, although they had an Access Review policy assigned.
- Fixed an issue with column filters on the Teams & Groups and other inventory reports where excluding blank cells wasn't applied to the displayed results.
- Fixed a bug with the Change metadata action that was not visible to workspace owners on the Sites overview screen.
- Various UX/UI improvements and minor fixes are available.