Connect to Microsoft 365 Tenant
This article explains how you can connect to your tenant and start using Syskit Point.
- Point Web Application URL
- Microsoft 365 Global Admin account
Please note! The Global Admin account is used only for the initial setup; Point does not store any passwords you enter here. Syskit Point upgrades do not need a Global Admin account.
Open the Syskit Point Web App URL in a browser to start the initial connection process. The Register Syskit Point page opens, guiding you through the initial connecting process:
- click the Open Azure Active Directory button (1) to open the App registrations screen in Azure Active Directory admin center and create the Syskit Point Installer app registration
- copy the provided URL (2) needed when creating the Syskit Point Installer app registration
- input the Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID (3) available once you create the Syskit Point Installer app registration
- click the Register button (4) after you enter the required data
To obtain the Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID, create the Syskit Point Installer app registration.
Register Syskit Point
Open the App registrations screen in Azure Active Directory admin center by clicking the Open Azure Active Directory button available on the Register Syskit Point screen described in the previous section.
To create the required app registration used by Syskit Point, do the following:
- click the New registration (1) button available in the top ribbon; the Register an application screen opens
Syskit Point Installerin the Name (2) field
- select Accounts in this organizational directory only ( only - Single tenant) option under Supported account types (3)
- in the Redirect URI section, select the Single-page Application (SPA) (4) option and paste the URL (5) copied from the second step on the Register Syskit Point page described in the previous section
- click Register (6)
New App Registration
Register an Application
After the app registration is created, the App Registration's Overview screen opens. Here, you can find the following data needed for the initial connection:
- Application (client) ID (1)
- Directory (tenant) ID (2)
Copy the Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID values, and paste them to the input fields in the third step in the Register Syskit Point page.
App Registration Overview
After you provide information on the Register Syskit Point page and click the Register button, you will be prompted to sign in. Here, you need to provide a Microsoft 365 Global Admin account. This account will be used only for the initial setup; Syskit Point does not store any passwords you enter here. The Global Admin account will not be required in future Syskit Point upgrades.
When you first connect to your tenant, Syskit Point will request permissions to collect data from your Microsoft 365 environment.
To continue, check the Consent on behalf of your organization option (1), and click the Accept button (2).
A new page opens where you can define additional connection settings.
On the Connect Tenant page, you can choose which information would you like to collect when it comes to your Microsoft 365 environment:
- Automatic Discovery – by default, Syskit Point continuously monitors your Microsoft 365 environment and shows you the latest data. You cannot modify this setting.
- Autodiscover OneDrive (1) – by default, Syskit Point will collect information and report on the users' OneDrive activity, content, and sharing. To stop collecting OneDrive data, uncheck this option.
- Protect OneDrive privacy (2) – When enabled, Syskit Point will only show general information about the user's OneDrive, such as used storage. Syskit Point Admins won't be able to access any OneDrive content and personal data. By default, this option is disabled.
- Store audit logs (3) – Syskit Point will also collect all audit logs to monitor internal and external user activities and changes and store them on a hard drive. To stop storing audit logs, uncheck this option.
- Protect user privacy (4) - When enabled, user activity data will be hidden from Syskit Point and protected from Administrator supervision. By default, this option is disabled.
You can change connection options anytime from the Settings > General > Connected Tenant > Manage Connection screen in Syskit Point application.
Click the Connect (5) button after defining the connection options. A new screen will open and show the progress of the initial connection. Please do not refresh the page as it will provide important information needed for troubleshooting in an unlikely event of an error.
Initial Connection Progress