This article explains how to set up the Orphaned Workspaces policy in Syskit Point.
A predefined policy - Orphaned Workspaces - can be found on the Policies screen.
Click the Edit (1) icon to view all defined options for the policy.
Orphaned Workspaces - Edit Policy
The Edit Policy dialog opens where you can:
- Define the policy name (1)
- Choose the severity level (2); this option is enabled by default
- Enable Task Delegation (3) by clicking the toggle next to it and select your task delegation preferences:
- Select between the 3 available processes (4):
- Ask Specific Users to Assign New Owners; this is a 1-stage process, where selected users - Syskit Point Administrators and/or custom recipients - get a task to assign new owners
- Ask Members to Suggest New Owners; this is a 2-stage process, where members can suggest new owners, and afterward, the selected users - Syskit Point Administrators and/or custom recipients - get a task to resolve the task base on the suggestions from owners; by default, this option is selected
- Automatically Assing New Owners; if selected, Syskit Point will automatically assign the manager of the latest owner as a new owner
- If the manager cannot be found, Syskit Point will escalate the task to the defined user
- Click Save (5) once you are done with the policy configuration
Edit Policy Dialog